What Is Mold Removal And Why Do You Need It?
If you’ve found mold in your home, learn what is mold removal and why is it necessary and important. Mold removal is a process by which a mold removal specialist removes mold from your home and the health concerns that come with it. Every household requires different solutions based on the severity. But, there are some general steps specialists take.
One such specialist is BenzVac LLC. They have locations in Boonton New Jersey, Emerson and NY too. Reach out to them if you are in the area for all of your mold remediation needs. The provide both residential and commercial services.
What is Mold?
Mold is a fungus that rapidly grows in high moisture areas. Mold is stabilized from what is called a spore. Spores are airborne and can attach to surfaces throughout a home. Under the perfect conditions of temperature, moisturize, and food sources. These little devils can create mold colonies, and this is where removal becomes necessary.
Steps For Proper Mold Removal
- Evaluate moisture levels inside the home, and in some cases, an anti-microbial application. The anti-microbial application is vital for clean air regeneration.
- Find the source. Certified removal specialists will look in common areas for mold variations like bathrooms, kitchens, attics, and rooms that easily collect moisture.
- Isolate the contaminatation. Generally, your mold removal specialist will use sprays containing chemicals such as bleach, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, iodine, and phenolics.
- Filter the air. High efficiency particulate air filters (HEPA) filter the air for mold spores. Typically (HEPA) is used throughout the removal process to lessen the chance of contamination spreading.
- Ensure effective cleanup. Specialists will use disinfectants and sterilizers to reduce pathogens and bacteria. Stain removers are also used for any discoloration that fungi might leave on surfaces.
- Restore affected materials. Depending on the severity of the mold, some affected areas might be involved replacing existing materials with new ones.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency or (EPA), managing moisture levels is crucial to preventing mold in your home. The EPA also states that fixing the source of water damage, removing mold in your home, and discarding any wet materials as quickly as possible is the surest way to avert mold. Community health experts warn about potential health effects if preventative measures are considered less than crucial.
Why is Mold Removal Important?
Health Effects of Mold
Why is mold removal important? The (EPA) notes that mold exposure can have minor side effects including, irritations of the eyes, nose, and throat. Although it is not so severe, mold is also known to evoke serious allergic reactions and respiratory infections. The best course of action is to talk with a healthcare professional if you are worried about potential side effects. A health care professional can evaluate all probable health effects related to mold exposure.
State and Local Laws
No one wants to live with mold-related health concerns, and for the same reason, a tenant doesn’t either. Presently, the (EPA) does not have any regulations concerning mold in the home. But, each state has different laws surrounding mold regulations for landlords. By and large, a landlord must provide a secure and habitable place for tenants. In some cases and states, tenants can refuse rent payments and sue the landlord in small claims court. If you are a landlord, use extreme caution before you reconsider mold removal.
Ready for a Mold Removal?
There are steps you can take if you think you might have mold in your home, whether you are experiencing health-related side effects or not.
- Invest in a mold test kit. Mold test kits are typically sold in hardware stores, supercenters, and online.
- Test the area. Use a sharp tool to test the integrity of the surface or area.
- Check your gutters recently? If you don’t regularly clean your gutters, you could be at risk for mold damage outside and inside your home.
If it’s evident that you have mold as a consequence of moisture or water damage, it’s time to hire a mold removal specialist. Your home will appreciate the recovery along with your health. It’s important to get help from a professional experienced in removal to remove mold at the root cause. If you already experience health concerns, it’s yet another reason to hire a trusted professional. Stay informed so that you remember what is mold removal and why is it important.